Making a trailer, but you have no idea where to start?
Most editors say they edit by feel. As true as this may be, there are specific steps in the process that can help clarify what to do next, and give you creative headspace.
This checklist will help you to
• Ask your client the right questions
• Capture footage efficiently
• Breakdown and organize footage
• Plan out a trailer narrative/progression
• Evaluate your creative decisions
Some parts of this checklist are specific to making video game trailers, but it should still be very useful for making trailers of all varieties, and it's FREE!